Friday, November 2, 2007

My brother

Hey Bro now you can't say that I didnt write something about you :)
I was talking to my brother last night and we spoke about a very touchy subject. Our Mother. Our mother's health is deteriorating little by little. Anymore she is in the hospital several times a month. My reactions to my fears seem to always follow the same pattern.
I get angry at everybody. I tend to pass judgement and blame and I know in my heart it is not right.
Well I have to thank my brother because he showed me that compassion is better than anger and trying to understand people is also better.
It is my natural instinct to to retaliate pain with anger. To cover it up because I feel as though that is showing strength. But to see my brother so sensitive and soft in his heart truly was a humbling experience for me. What can I say except that I hope that I can be more like that. I hope that before I speak a word I can stop and think and try to understand.
When I grow up I want to be more like my brother. BTW I am not going to mention my age teehee.

No comments:

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"