Sunday, January 11, 2009

La Parranda

In my former life there was a tradition we carried for many years which you don't see anymore and that is the beauty of a parranda. A Parranda is a group of people who get together and go from house to house and play music waiting for someone to open the door. They were to be fed and given much drink (preferably rum LOL)


Navidad is the best of Puerto Rican culture. Nowhere else are the holiday's celebrated like in Borinquen. Navidad is the time of tradition, aguinaldos, décimas, y de ser jíbaro Puertorriqueño



But where does that have place in my new life of being a jew? I decided to have my parranda at whatever the cost. I loaded my children and headed to the house of the one person I knew could appreciate the parranda. My dear sisters house.

I can tell you that it was wonderful.

No comments:

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"