Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Prayer for Anger and Breaking Anger

Prayer for Anger and Breaking Anger
AngerMy Father, merciful Father, have compassion on me for You are good and do good to all. Help me and save me so that I merit very soon to break and nullify the attribute of anger from myself. Save me from anger, from cruelty, and from strictness. Let me never be angry or irritated by anything or strict with anyone in the world. Rather, in Your mercy, let me merit to be good and do good to everyone. By this, in Your bountiful mercy, save me from all sorts of haters and accusers so that they have no strength to denunciate or accuse me at all. Master of the World, have pity o me. Have pity on my very wretched and very tired soul. You know how many haters, enemies, and accusers stand against us at all times. Behold, I myself admit that I am guilty. I caused all this to my soul. I aroused these forces against me by my bad deeds, by my immense sins, iniquities, and willful transgressions. Not only this, I also added one sin upon another for I was not careful and did not guard myself from the evil fire of anger such that this fire of anger has burned inside me many many times. By this great sin of anger I aroused the great accuser and hater who is Esav, a hairy man, through whom many many accusers, denouncers, and haters and enemies have been aroused against us, until the number of haters and enemies has become very great and I do not know what to do at all. I don’t know where to run to escape from them.... Master of the World, You know my heart. What can I say before You who rest in the Heavens, what can I tell before You who dwell in the skies? All the hidden things and revealed things You know. You know the secrets of the world, the mysteries of the hidden things of all living things. You search out all the chambers of the gut, and examine the kidneys and heart. Nothing is obscured from You and nothing is hidden from Your eyes. Good One, who does good to all, satisfy me from Your good and let me merit to be good to everyone. Atone, pardon, and forgive me for all my sins, iniquities, and willful transgressions, for all the blemishes and spoiling that I caused by the iniquity of anger. Have mercy on me from now on. In Your great forgiveness, pardon me and find favor in me, out of Your real goodness. Always be with me and, from now on, save me from anger and strictness so that I never become angry, strict, or irritated about any person or anything in the world, even in my heart. Let me never come to anger or irritation. Shine upon me with the light of Your Countenance. In Your compassion, command that my brain of holiness, which departed from me because of the iniquity of anger, be returned to me. Draw upon me the image of G*d, the light of Countenance of the Living G*d. Grant me, from Yourself, an undeserving gift. Bestow upon me the bounty of holy wisdom, understanding and perception such that I merit to the radiance of the Countenance of Holiness. Let me merit always to eat in great holiness, in the aspect of the delight of Sabbath, such that the Other Side will have no hold over my eating. Let me merit to subdue the liver to the brain and let the brain and mind of holiness overcome the anger of the liver. Let there be no rule or control at all by the liver; rather, let all the control be by my brain until I merit to have the image of G*d shine in my face and I become definable as a holy person.Breaking angerHaShem, my G-d and G-d of my fathers! Good and loving G-d: Help me! Guard and protect me from all anger, temper and resentment. Even if I do start to become angry at times, have pity on me and keep me from doing anything vicious out of anger. Help me break my anger, and instead show love ankindness. Help me control my impulses and break my temper, and turn anger into love. Let me make a point of acting kindly where I might have wanted to show anger. Don't let me have a strange god inside me, and don't let me worship idols because this injunction applies to someone who becomes angry: he is considered as if he worshipped idols.Master of the Universe: You know how hard it is to break this evil trait of anger and resentment. Once my anger starts to bum, I'm just not in my right mind. It is so hard to put out the fire of anger and suppress it. Take pity on me for Your Name's sake, and You help me! Guard me and protect me at all times. Help me break this trait and totally remove all anger and resentirnent from within me. Let me never ever become angry or resentful. Let me always be good to everyone, from now on and for ever.And through this, let me arouse Your true kindness and tender love for our poor nation, destitute as we are today. We have been so despised and pushed around. We are scattered on all the mountains like a dispersed flock without a shepherd and with no-one to gather us in. Stop being angry with us. Set aside Your burning fury, and replace it with sweetness. Let Your compassion take the upper hand, and show us favor. Have mercy on us and send us true Tzaddikim, holy leaders, who will lovingly guide us and put into our hearts and minds an understanding of our true goal and purpose in life. With their help, let us spend all our days in pursuit of the true goal, throwing all our worldly appetites behind our back. Let our whole aim, desire, effort and struggle be only for the true, ultimate purpose, in accordance with Your will.

No comments:

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"