Thursday, July 12, 2007

Seasons of our Lives


I have a need to write and just vent for a minute or two or twenty. I ponder in my thoughts change. Why? I really do not do well with change yet, it has been a constant part of my life.I battle with change yet, know that it is inevitable.
Why is there change?
I realize that we can get so wrapped up and complacent in our lives that we think that this is where we want to be. Who we want to be with. We get comfortable and then something happens. This storm of change.
Once again I fight. I demand Hashem to make it the way it was ( I have a lot of chutzpah)
The famous saying..." I just want things to go back to the way they were."
Do we really want that.
What if things always stayed cold. What if spring or summer or fall never cam.
How could we truly appreciate them if we never saw them.
The beautiful spring flowers.
The green (or maybe brown) grass in the summer.
The fall breeze and leaves turning color.
Everything must die to be renewed.
Even us.
We need to die and be reborn into the change.
But it is hard.
Once again I do not do well with change...
I only pray that Hashem will help me to appreciate the changes in my life and accept them with humilty and submission.

No comments:

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"