Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Will the real Superman please stand up.

Will the real Superman please stand up.

My son Yitzy was having a very hard day Last Sunday. The conversation began about Superman and where he came from. He wanted to know more and more and then I sadly busted his bubble.
"Yitzy you realize that Superman is not real?"
A silence came upon him and tears welled up in his eyes.
"I have to ask him a question."
At that point my heart sank. What would he want to ask him?
(Mind you being a sinlge Mother is not at all easy)
After 15 minutes of asking him to open up to me. He stated, " I need to know if he is real cause I wanted to ask him if he could take care of me and protect me like a Daddy is supposed to."
My heart sank even deeper.
My mind was racing back and Forth. It hit me Yes! Yes! There was a real Superman.
His eyes opened up and was full of hope.
His name was Shimshon/Samson.
He was a strong man with Superhuman strength. He was a tzaddikim(righteous man)He was a Jew just like you Yitzy.
I went to NY and searched high and low for something about Shimshon. I never really studied on him as a child and secular (even religious interpretaion) about him was wrong.
He was made out as to be arrogant and a womanizer, cocky, conceited, and a sinner.
But when I came home with this tape series which had the true version about Shimshon and I was fascinated to find out that what I was taught to me was all wrong.
He was truly a Righteous humble man. Actually he was crippled as a child and walked with a limp. He prayed Daily to Hashem. He Loved his wife until her death.(By the way she was a converted Jew not a Gentile when they were married.) He waited a year for her for the completion of her conversion. He also married Delilah and she also was a Jew(not sure if convert or not)
She did not betray him for evil intentions. It was her husband and she worried for him and figure better he be in jail than dead and the greed also but mostly for his safety.
But his strength came from Hashem. He moved mountains (literally) He tore a Lion apart like paper. He destroyed a whole army by himslef and killed 1000 men. He truly was Superhuman.
After my son heard the story and saw how righteous Shimshon was and how he did it all for Hashem. He realized that Hashem gave him the power and that he too could be a superman with prayer and love for Hashem.When Shimshon died Yitzy was sad but in his little mind understood what he had to do. He had to give his life for the people of Israel.But he thought about it Hashem gave Shimshon his power!
His new SuperHero now is Hashem cause He is stronger than Superman and Shimshon put together and He is also a Daddy to my Yitzy.
So this is dedicated to the true Superman in Yitzy's life.
Blessed be the Name of the Holy One Hashem (Yitzy's new Hero)

No comments:

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"