Thursday, August 30, 2007

It was the Devil

Through my life I have heard of so many things of the devil getting in the way. To me this is a cop out for a person who does not want to take the responsiblity of the fight we have within ourselves. We blame the devil, our spouse our children the dog down the street...you name it a person can pass the buck on it.

I have been doing some soul searching and this is the month to do it in. The month of Elul.Last night I was reading an article and it was very enlightening.It was talking about all things come from Hashem.


All things...... The argument from yuor spouse,the disagreement from your co-worker, the car next to you that just beeped and gave a polite hand gesture when you were turning to slow. Or maybe the old lady that drives so slow in front of us as we impatiently say mean things about her, What about that rebellious child who is trying our patience and hitting that last nerve?

Good... Bad... it all comes from Hashem.
That is such a deep and profound concept.
Everything comes from him and not from your spouse or from you sister or brother or neighbor or children......All things come from Hashem.
I know many times I get aggrevated and think about how the other person is to blame.
But what a relief to come to the point when you realize that everything they are doing is coming from the Great One Blessed be He.
To know that Hashem loves you so much that He is purposely trying you so that you can learn and grow and come closer to Him.
It is such a relief to know that I dont have to take it personal anymore.
I dont have to have bitterness or guilt or anger or resentment or hold a grudge because ultimatly everything that happens to me from someone else is From my Abba.


Baruch Hashem...I truly am loved by my Abba.


1 comment:

Philly Farmgirl said...

Thanks for the reminder, I needed it.
And did I mention... I love your blog.

One's belief in God must come through faith and not because of miracles. "Rebbe Nachman of Breslov"